Europe…We’re Finally Here!!
I woke up Monday to an email from Sony Europe telling me that the DLC had been published. I didn’t want to tempt fate by posting it on the forums. We couldn’t test it here, as we’re in North America so I was waiting to see if anyone on the forums reported purchasing it, before shouting my mouth off about it. No one did, so I contacted Sony to make sure it was out. Once they confirmed I sent out a message on the forums and everyone was reporting it still wasn’t available.
Panic ensued both here at HB and at Sony to find out why. It was working in all debug environments but not in the live store, it’s taken until this morning to resolve the issue. I’m disappointed that it took all week to resolve, especially after the ups and downs of developing this DLC. But what’s done is done so all I can do is apologize. This issue wasn’t down to HB but some of the delays previous to this have been our fault and one of the reasons why we’re giving the Highlands theme free to anyone who has purchased the DLC. I can now head into the Canada day week a lot, lot less stressed. The headache I woke up with this morning has even lifted!
We also decided to push the July update to the Steam community yesterday. Doing this gives the game a thorough test by a few thousand players before going to the console cert teams. We want to minimize the need to release a hot-fix for an update on consoles as they’re a slow process. So this reduces that risk. We’d rather push at the same time to all platforms but this is the lesser of two evils.
If you haven’t seen the change list, here is what I posted yesterday:
We’ve made over 200 additions to this update between features, bug fixes and improvements. Below is the list of the big hitting items.
You’ll see a couple more drops in the next few days which will have tweaks on any issues we see coming up.
• Highland Theme
• New Flags to choose from in Greg Norman Course Designer
• Ability to favourite replays and watch later
• Choice between Metric and imperial measurements
• Heavy Rough slider
• Stableford Tournaments
• New Backdrops for themes
• New Trees
• Added separate green and fairway firmness sliders
• Adjustable Cart Path widths
• Advanced Search Filter on Course list
• Sliders to reduce randomly generated objects like Rocks
• Some new global plants
• Distance Tool (Measuring Tape)
• rain on water splash effect
• Small Optimizations
• Better colliders on stones and rocks
• Drop Ball Improvements
• Tournament Wind improvements (So that directions is also taken into account
• Over 150 including
o Flag Marker overlapping the wind marker
o HUD Overlapping
o Ghost Ball Wind issue
If all goes well on Steam over the weekend, we’ll be pushing to Sony and Microsoft on Monday.
- Whistling Straits, Sheboygan Wisconsin by Craig151
- Fox Run Golf Club by hhatch
- Kentucky Glades Golf & Country Club by Crow357
- HB Suggested Elite Cup – W7
- 4 rounds at Kentucky Glades Golf & Country Club (Handicap +8 or better)
- HB Suggested Pro Cup – W17
- 2 rounds at Kentucky Glades Golf & Country Club (Handicap 0 or +8)
- HB Suggested Amateur Cup – W17
- 2 rounds at Fox Run Golf Club(Handicap 0 or Worse)
- HB Suggested ProAm Handicap Cup – W17
- 4 rounds at Whistling Straits, Sheboygan Wisconsin for players with a HC of 5 or better