Swing Gate – The Quest for 100%
So the swing “fix” has been out for a week now and the opinions are as strong now as they were last week. There have been a few very vocal pro and anti-swing mechanic users on the forums as well as quite a few people jumping from the Anti to the Pro camp. No one as yet has jumped from the Pro camp into the Anti camp. Which does indicate to me we’re on the right track.
The being said a big concern of mine is the differences on the platforms. We’ve done quite a bit of digging this week, as the code from our end is the same on each platform. What we’ve found is that the game is reading 300+ input points on PS4 per frame, the Xbox One has 90 and PC was 60 (for PS3 controllers) and 100+ (for Xbox 360). Those figures prove why we’re seeing different needed swing tempos on different machines.
My current feeling is that we reduce the PS4 to match the others and make sure that input is equal on all platforms. This should continue to give us the desired granular swing as well as the risk reward around the 100% shots but also make it a little easier to hit 100% with less rapid swings. That I’m hoping will calm the fires for a while
Outside of the swing issue, there’s semi good news on the NVidia front. The new drivers released yesterday have improved the stability a little and NVidia have upgraded us to a higher level of support to help try and track down the problem. So I’m hoping they’ll get to the bottom of this soon!
- Hobble Creek G.C. by FriendBomber
- Kettler @ The Highlands by Wendy445
- Loa Pali Golf Resort and Spa Setup B by CSUGolfer69
- HB Suggested Elite Cup – W22
- 4 rounds at Loa Pali Golf Resort and Spa Setup B (Handicap +8 or better)
- HB Suggested Pro Cup – W22
- 2 rounds at Loa Pali Golf Resort and Spa Setup B (Handicap 0 or +8)
- HB Suggested Amateur Cup – W22
- 2 rounds at Kettler @ The Highlands (Handicap 0 or Worse)
- HB Suggested ProAm Handicap Cup – W22
- 4 rounds at Hobble Creek G.C for players with a HC of 5 or better. Stableford Rules