This week saw the disc version of The Golf Club finally hit the shelves. Maximum Games did a great job of getting us into all the major outlets. Our local Walmart in Nova Scotia had actually sold out Tuesday, which is a great sign. Even getting in the store is a minor miracle and proves the benefits of having a publisher’s backing. Amazon featured us in the U.S. on their front page and on the video games section, which should help considerably and Gamestop had big cardboard cut outs of the golfer at the front of their stores. It looks like the courses will start getting very busy soon!
In the studio, we’re continuing to work on the May update. We don’t want to sit back and just push out what we had on the disc, we want to continue to build on it while we can. Last week I mentioned that the unplayable lie work hadn’t started yet, but Devon put a few extra hours in over the weekend and managed to get that done in a nice way. His kids missed a Boston Shake at the Tasty Freeze for it, so you better appreciate it!
We’ve got the swing mechanic working untied from the frame rate and it’s a lot more granular. I’ve been playing on the PS4 all day and you really can feel the difference in 40%, 60% and 85%. I think this will add a great extra dimension to the game.
Lastly I just want to welcome any new comers to the club. We’ve been working hard over the last year to make a fun, challenging golf experience and I hope you enjoy being part of this club as much as we’ve had building it.
This weeks suggested courses are
- Bailiwick Grand Golf Club by jwfickett
- Bison Run by Reebdoog
- Lowlander Links at Cally Park by Cally
I’ve added an extra tournament this week for the Elite players. You have to have a real pro +10 handicap if you want to get into this tournament. Enjoy
- HB Suggested Elite Cup – W9
- 4 rounds at Bailiwick Grand Golf Club (Handicap +8 or better)
- HB Suggested Pro Cup – W9
- 2 rounds at Bailiwick Grand Golf Club (Handicap 0 or Better)
- HB Suggested Amateur Cup – W9
- 2 rounds at Lowlander Links at Cally Park (Handicap 0 or Worse)
- HB Suggested ProAm Handicap Cup – W9
- 4 rounds at Bison Run for players with a HC of 5 or better.